Are you interested in an EXCITING CDL CAREER with an AMAZING COMPANY with OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE BENEFITS?
• Location: Dekalb, IL • Schedule: Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday; 55 hours weekly • Starting Pay: $23.70/hour or $0.53/mile
$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
BENEFITS INCLUDE: • 401(k) Plan • Adoption Assistance • Auto & Home Insurance • Cell Phone Service Discounts • Dental Insurance • Dependent Scholarships • Employee Assistance Program • Employee Discount Programs • Educational Assistance • Gym Discounts • Health Rewards / Rally • Infant Formula Program • Legal Services • Maternity Support • Medical Insurance • NESPRESSO Discounts • Nestle Nutrition Store Discounts • Parental Support Policy • Pet Insurance • Prescription Coverage • ReadyRefresh-Home Delivery of Nestle Waters products at a Discount • Real Recognition Points • Tobacco Cessation Resources • Vehicle Purchase / Lease Discounts • Vision Insurance • Wellness Coaching
As one of “The World’s Most Admired Food Companies” in Fortune magazine, Nestlé provides quality brands that bring flavor to life every day. The Deep Frozen Supply Chain function serves the Nestlé sales team, so that they are able to provide world class service to grocery accounts across the country. Products include industry-leading brands such as DIGIORNO pizza, DRUMSTICK ice cream snacks, and HӒAGEN-DAZS premium ice cream.
CDL POSITION OVERVIEW:
The OTR Driver is responsible for the timely pick-up, delivery, and transport of goods to and from Nestle Distribution Centers, Plants, 3rd Party Warehouses, and our Customers. In compliance with state, federal, and local regulations, the Driver is responsible for transporting these goods within prescribed timelines, deliver and unload palletized order as needed.
• Operate up to a 53-foot tractor-trailer in a variety of conditions including highway, urban and rural driving in a safe and efficient manner Timely delivery of merchandise to customers which may include manual unloading
• Perform required motor vehicle inspections
• Maintains safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations
• Utilize PeopleNet to obtain delivery assignments
• Communicate effectively with supervisors, customers, and peers
• Comply with state, federal, and local regulations as well as company policies and procedures
• Utilize e-log system in PeopleNet to maintain electronic log records
• Updates job knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
• May be required to lift and/or carry up to 65 pounds as needed
JOB ESSENTIALS/ ATTRIBUTES:
• Basic command of the English language (reading, writing, and speaking) in order to perform written and verbal communications required by the job
• Basic computer knowledge in order to utilize the PeopleNet system
• Ability to communicate and function with remote stakeholders via phone/email/PeopleNet
• Ability to work alone under minimal supervision for extended periods of time
• Ability to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
• Ability to work overtime as needed
• Knowledge of Department of Transportation’s requirements and regulations
Recruiter: Caitlin (419) 720-8727
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Be at least 21 years of age Or a minimum of 3 years professional driving experience with a Class ‘A’ CDL
• High School Diploma/GED equivalent
• Possess or ability to obtain a valid DOT medical certification
• Satisfactory driving record per the MVR Check Standards for New Hires:
• Less than two moving traffic violations in total includes a combination of minor and major violations during the past 36 months
• Less than two minor traffic violations during the past 36 months
• Less than one major traffic violation during the past 36 months, including but not limited to preventable at-fault accident
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that an incumbent in this job may be required to perform. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
Benefit eligibility will vary based on full-time, part-time, and seasonal employee status. The above list is for illustrative purposes only and reflects current benefit offerings. Nestlé retains the right to change or discontinue benefits at any time, in its sole discretion.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Tagged as: Trucking, Truck Driving Jobs, OTR, cdl a license, over the road, class a, class a cdl
Truck driver, Jobs in DeKalb, IL, USA, truck driving jobs, CDL jobs, local truck driving jobs, CDL-a driver, class A CDL jobs, Class A CDL Driver, Company driver, Bus driver, Driver trainee, OTR driver, CDL training, CDL-a student, Flatbed driver, Local driver, No experience, Regional driver, Residential driver, Student driver, Tanker driver Team, driver Training, dedicated truck driving jobs, regional cdl & truck driver jobs, local cdl jobs, dedicated cdl & truck driving jobs, local to DeKalb, IL, USA truck driving jobs, DeKalb, IL, cdl jobs, CDL jobs near me, truck driving jobs near me